Helping Those in Need in Our Congregation
Funeral Care Team — Provides food, hospitality, and other services to grieving families who have funeral services at Hosanna.
Men of Hosanna Care Packages — Sent annually as support to college students and to those in the military.
Mulkey Scholarships — The JOHN AND NANCY MULKEY ENDOWMENT was created to assist career motivated Hosanna Lutheran Church high school seniors and undergraduate students to attend college (or to continue their studies), with emphasis on those students who have financial need. Members help raise funds to support the Mulkey Endowment through an annual dinner with silent and live auction items.
Transportation — Members who need transportation on Sunday mornings or at other times can call on others for a ride.
Visitation — In addition to pastoral visits, other members often visit those who are home-bound or hospitalized.
Helping Those in Our Community
Hosanna is a founding member of Northwest Assistance Ministries, a coalition of congregations united to address community needs better done at a larger scale. We help by
- Collecting Christmas gifts for needy children
- Delivering Meals on Wheels
- Stocking a food pantry.
- Preparing donated items for re-sale at the thrift store
Local offices of Habitat for Humanity that help build low-cost homes are supported by
- Sponsoring of homes
- Working at the build site
- Working at the ReStore that sells surplus and re-cycled building materials
- Providing lunches for volunteer builders
Donating blood in periodic drives organized by the Gulf Coast Blood Center.
Hosanna members volunteer at Eickenroht Elementary School in the Spring ISD:
- Assisting in the library
- Tutoring students
- Monitoring hallways during standardized testing periods
- Supporting the KIDS Fund (Kids in Desperate Situations)
- Providing treats for teachers and staff on special days
- Working in the cafeteria
Men of Hosanna support the SeaFarer’s Ministry at the Port of Houston:
- Providing holiday care packages
- Donating to the Chaplain’s Fund
Participating in interfaith activities such as:
- Quilting and knitting of prayer shawls
- Facilitating of interfaith discussion groups
Citizenship Workshops — Hosanna offers meeting space twice per year to train volunteers for the New Americans Campaign, a network of organizations that aids legal permanent residents in completing the paperwork necessary to apply for citizenship.
Hosanna provides meeting space at a nominal cost for the activities of outside groups such as: